These came today in the mail. I love getting packages in the mail! And I love when they contain such things as lovely as this letterpress calendar. Letterpress is such a beautiful art, and every year I've been meaning to purchase a letterpress calendar on etsy, but at first it takes me while to find one I like, then I decide to think about it for a few days, and then I forget about it.
My friend, Willow Withy, made this one. I saw the post on her Facebook profile and I had to have it. I've always loved air mail envelopes, which makes these even better. I think May is my favorite. Yes, May being my birthday month makes me a bit of a partial judge, but I think the paper airplane is great. My dream is that one day I'll learn how to do letterpress myself. I would love to have "The Family: A Proclamation to the World" done in letterpress. With the right design I think it would be beautiful.
So thank you to Willow for making this beautiful calendar. For those of you who don't know Willow, she is one of the most talented and creative women ever!
Now I just have to decide if I'm going to put it up at home or at work...probably work because my little desk could use some cheering up. And, of course, I have to wait until January 2011 rolls around.
Thank you, I'm so flattered!! Also I'm so happy you love your birthday month, too. I'll think of you every time I print the paper airplane.
ReplyDelete