Last night as we were getting ready for bed, Marc asked me if I had looked at my blog lately. He said this with a little smile, so I was immediately suspicious of what kind of photo or story he may have posted to get back at me for posting his birthday photo (he hates it when I post any photos of him).
I pulled out my laptop, but nothing looked too different. "You won't even notice what I changed. I shouldn't have even said anything," he said. Then I spotted the slight change in the blog title: he switched it from "marcee and marc" to "marc and marcee." I couldn't help but laugh that he was determined to have his name first, but I laughed even harder at his reply to my question as to why he changed it: "Cuz I'm the man!" he exclaimed.
I changed the title back today because I like the sound of "marcee and marc" better than "marc and marcee" (to which Marc said I just like to hear my name first). However, this started me thinking about the title of this blog in general. What am I going to call it when our baby comes? I'm not a fan of "Marc, Marcee, and Baby Whatever" because once I have another child am I just going to add to this list? I think a title like "The Youngs" is just boring, and if I try to be too creative I feel like I'm trying to be a real mommy blogger hoping to acquire a following and even monetize. So for now, we're sticking with "marcee and marc" (in that order) until I figure something else out...which likely could be never.
HELLO, it should be MARCEE, MARC, & THE FUNKY BUNCH! I guess you might need two kids before you use that title, or one very large baby!
ReplyDeleteHow about 'The YOUNG and Restless'? You'll see how that applies once you have a baby in the house.:-D
ReplyDeleteI found you! I looked through your old posts and was glad to see a post about Travis finding your camera :)
ReplyDelete