Thursday, October 10, 2013

9.16.13 Ezra Turns Two!

Our little boy turned 2 years old last month.

Marc decided he wanted to give Ezra a teepee for his birthday.  When I started looking for one online I couldn't justify paying $100 or more when most of them looked so simple to make.  I'm definitely not a seamstress, but I decided I could probably pull it off.


When Ezra first saw it, he said "Oh, house!"  He also kept pointing to the letters on the birthday sign saying "ABC!"



He was very spoiled by all his grandparents, aunts, and uncles and he loved opening every last gift in his teepee.


Codi gave Ezra a puppy that talks and sings.  When it began to sing "Twinkle Twinkle" we were surprised to hear Ezra singing along.  We had no idea he could sing it by himself, but  it is very cute.  Recently, he began singing "I am a Child of God" on his own as well, although it's still not very intelligible.  




Ezra had a very busy day on his birthday, including shots at his doctor checkup.  I made it better by taking him to Chick-fil-A for lunch afterward (although Marc said that it was me who really just wanted to eat there).

He also got to video chat with each of his grandparents and blow out his birthday candles 3 times so they all could see.  Ezra loves cookies (he's even made up his own cookie song), so we got a giant cookie for his birthday cake.


Ezra loved having everyone sing "Happy Birthday" to him.  He sang "Happy to me!" all day.

4 comments:

  1. that is adorable!! I love kids birthdays! Makes me feel young again:) Happy Birthday Ezra!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ezra is such a handsome little guy! And the teepee turned out great! His own little house :) I always love seeing your photos. I need to get back blogging again... one day...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the teepee - Marcee you never cease to amaze me with your talents. Ezra looks so serious working on the ABC's. I'm so glad he had a wonderful "Happy to me" kind of a day. So fun to chat with him and have him recognize us. Luv to all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teepee really is Darling! You do such fun things. And Ezra singing 'Twinkle, Twinkle" is Adorable!! He even got the tune right. :-D It was fun to watch him for a few minutes on his Happy Birthday. Love that little guy. Glad he had such a sweet 2 year old birthday.

    ReplyDelete