Thursday, April 24, 2014

7, 9, 10, & 11...

Here is a little look at Louisa and how she's grown (or maybe not so much) since I posted her 6 month photos.  The crazy thing is, she still fits into the white onesie I've been putting her in for photos since she was one month old.

Seven Months
13 lbs 12 oz
Between 6 and 7 months is when I really started worrying about Louisa's slow weight gain and excessive spitting up.  My pediatrician wasn't worried at all that her weight went from the 16th percentile at birth to the less than 3rd percentile at 7 1/2 months.  The day before Thanksgiving I finally called in and basically demanded they give Louisa a prescription for acid reflux.  Within a couple of weeks she was actually keeping food down for the first time in two months.

Nine Months
14 lbs. 2 oz.
27 inches 
Yes, I skipped 8 months.  We were in Utah and I didn't take a photo, which I will regret every time I look at her baby book.  When we got back to Texas we switched pediatricians and our new doctor was actually concerned about her weight so we've been doing monthly weight checks.  Louisa also started crawling at 9 months, and we started letting her cry it out to sleep through the night.  Yes, I know that is very late to start really sleep training, but since she's been so small I was worried that she still needed to eat at night.  However, it took much longer to get her to sleep all night than it did Ezra, whom we used the cry it out method at 6 months.

Ten Months
14 lbs. 5 oz.
Between nine and ten months Louisa had a double ear infection and couldn't keep much food down, thus, the very little weight gain.  When she was feeling better she would eat and eat and eat.  She loves food as much as her brother, although she has a lot more food intolerances.  She had an allergic reaction the first time I fed her scrambled eggs, Garlic gives her hives, and we've recently figured out she has some sort of milk intolerance.  We found that out after she drank whole milk for the first time just before bed, and then woke up in the middle of the night throwing up all her dinner.
She started pulling herself up on furniture and standing on her own around ten months too.

Eleven Months
14 lbs. 12 oz.
I was ecstatic at her doctors appointment when I found out she had gained 7 oz!  So much better than the month before.  The doctor is still wants her to eat more calories though to get up her weight even more.  This is a little more difficult now that I've figured out she can't have milk (and now won't even drink anything that resembles it such as goat milk or almond milk).  She eats a lot of avocados and I try to put coconut oil on everything I can.
Louisa is such a happy girl over all.  She absolutely loves her brother and would play with him every second if he would let her.  She still sucks her thumb.  She waves, claps her hands, and loves to look through her little board books.  She took her first steps at the beginning of April but still only takes two or three at a time.  She doesn't have any fear like Ezra, so I'm sure she'll be walking in no time.
And now her first birthday is on Saturday!  I cannot believe how fast the time has gone!

1 comment:

  1. She is such a doll! Can't believe she will already be 1! Do you guys think you'll be making any Utah trips this summer?

    ReplyDelete