Sunday, May 13, 2012

5.13.12 Mother's Day

I gained a new appreciation for my mom the first time I had the flu without her there to take care of me.  That appreciation was nothing compared to what I gained the first time I had the flu with a baby to take care of.  I think it definitely takes becoming a mom to fully appreciate what your own mother did for you.  Thank you, Mom, for giving so much of yourself to your daughters, sons-in-law, and grandchildren.



It's been a wonderful first mother's day.  I haven't felt like I needed praise or presents for what I do as a mother--maybe that is because I don't do it all that well ;).  Instead, I've felt a profound gratitude for the blessing I've been given to be a mother.  I wanted to be a mother, but there were a few moments during my pregnancy and the first week that Ezra was home that I panicked about what I had committed myself to and what I was giving up.  I learned very quickly that it is all worth it.  What I've been given in return is worth far more than any lost independence or lost sleep.  I love being Ezra's mother.  I am so lucky to be able to watch him discover and figure out the world.  So, I don't need the flowers or the breakfast in bed (although I'm not going to complain when I get them).  I wouldn't want any other life or job than the one I have right now.  I am so grateful for the blessing it is to be a mother.

1 comment:

  1. Thank You, my Precious Marcee. And you are a very wonderful Mommy to your little Ezra. Being a Mom is a marvelous blessing and I am so grateful to have the most wonderful children in the world.

    ReplyDelete